Oracle Reports Converter
- Typical workflow
- Getting started
- Operation in detail
- Assessment report
- System requirements
- Frequently asked questions
You can use Oracle Reports Converter to convert legacy Oracle Reports to modern solutions. You can also use Oracle Reports Converter to estimate efforts of the whole Oracle Reports modernization project.
This page describes a typical workflow for converting your Oracle Reports to SQLServer Reports and assessing the Oracle Reports modernization project.
- Request a trial version of Oracle Forms Converter from the official product web page. The DB Best team will provide you with the download link and your personal license key.
- Run the OracleFormsConverter.msi file to install Oracle Forms Converter. Follow the instructions of the installation wizard. Please carefully read the License Agreement. If you accept it, specify the destination folder to install the product.
- Install the required drivers to connect to your Oracle Database. Please note that Oracle Forms Converter requires a specific version of the ODAC driver: ODAC112040Xcopy_64bit.
- Click the application icon to run Oracle Forms Converter.
- Create a new project.
- Check the “XML files” option to use XML files as input (see step 1).
- Specify the path to the folder with XML files and to the folder with PLD files. You can also use a Sample project to see how Oracle Reports Converter works. Then press the Create button to create a new project.
- Press Ctrl+P or select the Project Settings option from the menu. Switch to the Connection settings tab.
- Specify the Oracle Database connection credentials for a database that is used by your Oracle Forms application (we will call it a Source DB) in the Project Settings > Source connection Settings section. The connection to the Source DB is necessary to analyze and convert Oracle Reports and database objects. This also allows for getting a detailed assessment report — it helps understand the complexity of converted reports and get ballpark estimates of the whole Oracle Reports modernization project.
- Press the Convert button to start the conversion process.
- After the application completes the conversion, you will see an Assessment Report in the center and a target tree on the right side.
- Press the Publish button to export converted reports to a result directory or to create a Visual Studio Project in order to continue report development.
Didn’t find the answer?
You can report problems, ask questions or share ideas for improvements on our email [email protected].