Oracle Reports Converter
- Typical workflow
- Getting started
- Operation in detail
- Assessment report
- System requirements
- Frequently asked questions
This page describes how to manage database connection settings in Oracle Forms & Reports Converter.
Oracle Forms & Reports Converter connects to your source Oracle Database to deliver the most accurate assessment and conversion. Also, you may want to specify Target connection to Oracle DB to publish the converted reports and respective DB objects.
You can use the same database as the source and target. You can also manage both the source and target database connection credentials in the Connection settings tab.
- Press Ctrl+P or select Project settings from the menu. Then, switch to the Connection settings tab.
- Specify the name of the host and the port number in the Host and Port fields.
- Select the connection type between SID and Service name and then in the field below specify SID or service name, depending on your choice.
- Specify the user name in the User field.
- Specify the password required to connect to your source and target (optional) databases in the Password field. Oracle Forms Converter does not save passwords in the project settings. When you use this project next time, you will need to enter the password again.
- Click the Test connection button. If the test connection to your database fails, check the credentials you specified.
- If the connection test was successful, press the Save button to save the settings.
Didn’t find the answer?
You can report problems, ask questions or share ideas for improvements on our email [email protected].