Oracle Reports Converter
- Typical workflow
- Getting started
- Operation in detail
- Assessment report
- System requirements
- Frequently asked questions
Running Assessment Report
The Run Assessment Report operation creates a detailed Assessment Report. This report helps estimate the complexity of your Oracle Reports. Also, it provides users with an approximate estimate of efforts required to complete the Oracle Reports modernization project. This page describes how you can create and use the Assessment Report.
The detailed Assessment Report includes a list of Action Items. Oracle Reports Converter cannot automatically convert the objects from the Action Items list. As a result, you need to convert these objects manually. The Assessment Report provides an estimate of the necessary actions to address these objects. Oracle Reports Converter displays all action items in a table in the center of the application window. Depending on the manual effort required to address action items, Oracle Reports Converter groups them into 3 categories:
The workflow looks as follows:
- Select the objects you want to convert in the source metadata tree (on the left side). To perform a full assessment, Oracle Reports Converter connects to your source database. That is why you need to specify the database connection credentials.
- Click the Run Assessment Report button.
- The operation may take several minutes.
- Then, Oracle Reports Converter shows the Assessment Report result.
After obtaining the Assessment Report in Oracle Reports Converter, you may want to get additional information. Feel free to reach out to the DB Best team and we will help you better understand this Assessment Report.
Didn’t find the answer?
You can report problems, ask questions or share ideas for improvements on our email [email protected].