Oracle Reports Converter
- Typical workflow
- Getting started
- Operation in detail
- Assessment report
- System requirements
- Frequently asked questions
This page describes the publishing process of converted reports.
Oracle Forms & Reports Converter supports two publishing modes for reports: to Files and Reports to VS solution.
Use the To Files mode to save the conversion output to files. This conversion output includes:
- SSRS report files (*.rdl). They are similar to *.rdf files for Oracle without storing program units internally.
- DB package files (*.sql). These files store program units from Oracle reports. Most of the *.rdl files have one corresponding DB package unless a report is simple and doesn’t have program units at all.
Reports to VS solution can be used by report developers to follow up with manual edits after conversion. SSRS reports can be edited with MS Visual Studio IDE and Microsoft Reporting Services Projects plugin.
To open the Publish dialog, click on the Publish button in the main menu:
Publishing To Files
- Switch to the To Files tab.
- Make sure the Reports (*.rdl, *.sql) checkbox is checked.
- Specify the Result folder to save the results.
- Press the Publish to folder button.
Publishing to VS solution
- Switch to the Reports to VS solution tab.
- Specify the Result folder for the solution.
- Specify a Solution name.
- Optionally select the Put SQL packages for each converted report to target database checkbox if you wish to do so.
- Click on Create solution.
If something went wrong during the publishing or converting processes, please contact [email protected].
Didn’t find the answer?
You can report problems, ask questions or share ideas for improvements on our email [email protected].