Oracle Forms Converter
- Typical workflow
- Getting started
- Operations in details
- Using a sample project
- Assessment report
- System requirements
- Frequently asked questions
Using a sample project
This page describes how you can use a sample Oracle Forms project to learn how Oracle Forms Converter works. This sample project is included in the installation pack of Oracle Forms Converter.
The sample project includes 4 XML files of 4 forms in the forms-xml folder and the SQL script in the SQL folder.
The SQL script contains a demo schema with students and course tables with data. It also includes all the required Oracle grants (user privileges), which are needed for the converted web application.
To convert these sample forms and see the conversion result, please follow these steps.
Open the Oracle Forms Converter application folder. You can find the sample project folder here.
- Execute the SQL script from the SQL folder. You can do this using a SQL tool like SQL Plus, SQL Developer, or Toad. You must connect to your Oracle database with the SYSDBA role. Ask your Oracle DBA how to do this, if any questions occur.
- Run the Oracle Forms Converter application.
- Then press the Convert button to start the forms conversion process.
- After completing the conversion, press the Publish button to deploy the converted application.
- Open the converted web application in your web browser using the link http://localhost:3000.
Didn’t find the answer?
You can report problems, ask questions or share ideas for improvements on our email [email protected].