- Product features
- Getting started
- Schema conversion
- Schema comparison
- Data comparison
- Data migration
- Test organizer
- Data store
- Development project
- System requirements
- Hot keys
- Known issues
Registering the migration agents
During migration, the migration agent leverages the resources of the machine where it is installed. For the system to recognize the migration agent you have to register it after the installation.
Likewise, if you don’t need the migration agent you have to unregister it to disable.
Registering the agent to DBMP
To register, the migration agent, follow these steps:
- Click the Add agent button
- Fill in the Host and Port fields:
- Host: localhost
- Port: 9000
- Click the Register button.
The form contains the following fields:
- Name — a unique name of the agent, non-empty (100 symbols)
- Status — the agent status (Active, Failed)
- Description — a short agent description (255 symbols)
- Message — a technical log of the agent performance and its status
- Host — an agent host ( IP address), localhost, or a server name
- Port — an agent port (0…65535)
- Max Source database connections, Max Target database connections, Resource retrieve retry timeout, and Transaction restart on failure interval settings are transferred from Project Settings and can be changed for every agent separately
- Agent ID — an agent unique identifier
- Agent Version — an agent version
- Registered at — the time of agent registration in the system in the local timezone
- Started at — the time when the agent started off in the local timezone
- Uptime — the total agent work time
- Last update — the time of the agents’ last response
- Not started — the number of subtasks which are not started
- In progress — the number of subtasks that are processed in real-time
- Enqueued — the number of subtasks waiting to be processed
- Test connection — connects the test to the agent. Note: The button is disabled for the registered agents
- Register — registers the agents in the system
- Delete — removes the unregistered agents
- Unregister — unregisters the agent
- Refresh — refreshes the agent.
Note: If you cannot connect to an agent (the Agent is unavailable message shows up) check the connection parameters.
Didn’t find the answer?
You can report problems, ask questions or share ideas for improvements on our email [email protected].