- Product features
- Getting started
- Schema conversion
- Schema comparison
- Data comparison
- Data migration
- Test organizer
- Data store
- Development project
- System requirements
- Hot keys
- Known issues
Installing and uninstalling the data migration agent
Migration agents communicate with the DB Best Migration Platform through the Windows web service that leverages REST requests.
By default, the platform utilizes one migration agent. However, you can reduce the migration time by leveraging several migration agents. Thus, the DB Best Migration Platform distributes data load between several machines that allows for optimizing the process.
Installing the data migration agent with default settings
To install the Data Migration agent with default settings, run the install.bat file as administrator.
In this case, the agent is run with the following settings:
- agentPort — 9000
- pathToLogFolder — [currentPath] \ logs
- pathToSnapshotFolder — [currentPath] \ storage
- agentIndex — “”
Installing the data migration agent with additional settings
To install the Data Migration agent with additional setting run the instail.bat file as administrator and specify the following parameters:
install.bat agentPort pathToLogFolder pathToSnapshotFolder agentindex
- agentPort — a value of the agent port. Note: You cannot use a busy port
- pathToLogFolder — a path to the folder on the local computer where the log files are saved
- pathToSnapshotFolder — a path to the folder on the local computer where the agent’s snapshots are saved
- agentIndex — the index for the agent identification (for the cases when there are several agents installed)
install.bat 9020 "C:\Migration agent\x64\Release\logs" "C:\Migration agent\x64\Release\storage" 20
Installing multiple agents on the same computer
To install multiple Data Migration agents follow these steps:
- Copy all the agents’ files to a new folder
- Start the installation process from this folder
- Specify the settings that differ from the settings of agents already installed on this computer.
Note: When installing multiple agents on the same computer, you must specify different folders for saving logs and snapshots.
To uninstall the data migration agent open the folder where the agent is installed and run the uninstall.bat file as administrator.
Note: To remove one of the multiple agents, specify the agent index in the parameter when running uninstall.bat (e.g. uninstall.bat 4).
Didn’t find the answer?
You can report problems, ask questions or share ideas for improvements on our email [email protected].