- Product features
- Getting started
- Schema conversion
- Schema comparison
- Data comparison
- Data migration
- Test organizer
- Data store
- Development project
- System requirements
- Hot keys
- Known issues
Groups and tests execution
This page explains the logic of groups and tests execution via DB Best Migration Platform and outlines the exception handling.
- GROUP Pre script — stands for the global actions that go before the test run. E.g. alter session, set implicit_transactions, create temporary tables, sequences adjustment, etc.
- Implicit App behavior: If an error arises during this section execution, execute the Group Post script to eliminate actions.
- TEST Pre script — stands for the data INSERTs for tests run.
- Implicit App behavior: If an error arises, execute the Test Post script to eliminate actions.
- TEST SQL script — refers to the execution of tested object procedure, function, INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE table to fire trigger, etc.
- Implicit App behavior: If an error arises, when comparing the test results “If the test PASSED or FAILED” run the Test Post script.
- TEST Post script — refers to erasing the data inserted for the test execution.
- If an error arises, run Group Post script.
- GROUP Post script – eliminates actions made in the Group Pre script.
Note: As you run the group, the system executes the Pre script, Post script, and all tests in this group. The empty groups — groups that don’t contain any test are not executed.
Transactions and sessions
The Test Organizer module allows for creating tests and incorporating these tests into groups.
For that, you must define the Test Scenario at the group level.
The Test Scenario defines if tests will be executed:
- Sequentially or in parallel Note: The groups in the Test Project must run sequentially!
- In one session or in several sessions
- Randomly or in strict order
Note: By default, all tests are run in one session, beginning from the project Main group.
Every group has a scenario for the test execution. To edit the run scenario go to the Run scenario tab (Figure 2).
Note: To exclude a test case from the run scenario put a check in front of the test in the Run Scenario tab.
You can change the execution context for tests. The DB Best Migration Platform allows to create tests without using fully-qualified names. Use this option to execute the tests on different databases or schemas.
In the Run scenario tab, there is a table that contains tests and groups of the current group.
You can change the table only in edit mode. To do so press the Edit button.
- The first column states the order number of the test or group. To can change the order drag-and-drow it to the required place.
- The second column states if the test is enabled. When checked, the test or group is ignored.
- The third column states the item’s type.
- The fourth column states the item’s name.
Didn’t find the answer?
You can report problems, ask questions or share ideas for improvements on our email [email protected].