- Product features
- Getting started
- Schema conversion
- Schema comparison
- Data comparison
- Data migration
- Test organizer
- Data store
- Development project
- System requirements
- Hot keys
- Known issues
Data compare module retrieves the results of the data comparison and shows them on UI.
Data compare module provides for two comparison strategies:
- Detailed compare — compares the values of matched records utilizing the synthetic key.
- Fast compare — compares data in the data objects utilizing the checksum algorithm with a hash function on a server-side.
To compare data in the data comparison module follow these steps.
If necessary, before the comparison add a new comparison pair. For that:
- Click the Add button
- Drag and drop the objects from the metadata tree to the Source or Target objects field (Figure 1).
- Click the Add button once again.
- Select the source and target objects in the source and target metadata trees.
- Click the Fast compare or Detailed compare button. When you do this, the Compare Objects tab opens (Figure 2) showing a list of paired source and target objects, divided into groups:
- Not matched — contains the objects that don’t have a pair and cannot be compared
- Pending — contains the pairs of uncertain objects that might be compared
- Valid — contains the pairs that can be compared
Note: You can edit the list of pairs by clicking the gear wheel button.
- Click the Compare button.
When the comparison process is complete, and the Results window opens (Figure 3). To keep the results you can export them to XML by clicking the Export button.
Note: To learn more about the pairs where the objects are not equal click the Show details button.
Didn’t find the answer?
You can report problems, ask questions or share ideas for improvements on our email [email protected].