- Product features
- Getting started
- Schema conversion
- Schema comparison
- Data comparison
- Data migration
- Test organizer
- Data store
- Development project
- System requirements
- Hot keys
- Known issues
Creating a new project
Below you can find the information to help you create a new project in the DB Best Migration Platform.
- Run DBBest.MigrationPlatform.GUI.Application.exe to launch the DB Best Migration Platform.
- Press Ctrl+N or click the New… button to launch the new project wizard.
- Specify the name of your project in the Project name field. For the migration project, select the source and target platforms from the relevant drop-down lists.
Note: For the development project, a single platform is required.
- Specify the location of your project folder in the Location field.
- Press the Create button to continue.
- Enter the connection parameters for the source and target platforms. See the connecting to a database server page for details.
- Check the Use SSL option to establish a secure connection.
- Check the Trust server certificate option to use the server certificate.
- Press the Connect button and the DB Best Migration Platform will create a new project. Then the application connects to the databases and opens the metadata trees of the databases. If the connection credentials you specified are wrong, the application will display the error message.
Didn’t find the answer?
You can report problems, ask questions or share ideas for improvements on our email [email protected].