Database Compare Suite™
- Product features
- Getting started
- Connecting to server
- Connecting to an Amazon DynamoDB database
- Connecting to an Amazon Redshift database
- Connecting to an Apache Cassandra database
- Connecting to an Azure SQL Database
- Connecting to an Azure Synapse Analytics data warehouse
- Connecting to a BigQuery data warehouse
- Connecting to a Greenplum database
- Connecting to an IBM DB2 database
- Connecting to an IBM Netezza database
- Connecting to a MariaDB database
- Connecting to a Microsoft Access database
- Connecting to a Microsoft SQL Server database
- Connecting to a MySQL database
- Connecting to an Oracle database
- Connecting to a PostgreSQL database
- Connecting to a Sybase ASE database
- Connecting to a Sybase IQ database
- Connecting to a Teradata database
- Connecting to a Vertica database
- Installing the required database drivers
- Creating a new project
- Opening an existing project
- Key activation
- User interface elements
- Connecting to server
- Operations in details
- Schema comparison
- Schema synchronization
- Schema operations options
- Data comparison
- Detailed data comparison
- Fast data comparison
- Data synchronization
- Data migration
- Settings comparison
- Virtual views
- Sorting key selection
- Selecting operation scope
- Matching rules
- Fast data comparison options
- Data operations options
- Command-line interface
- Known issues
You can compare server or database settings of two Microsoft SQL Server databases. This operation is only available for Microsoft SQL Server (all versions are supported).
Select the operation scope by choosing the desired nodes on metadata trees.
Click the Compare settings button to start the operation.
The result of server settings comparison includes the following groups:
Operation system properties;
The result of Database setting comparison includes a couple of groups:
System database properties.
As a result, you’ll be able to compare server or database settings on one screen. Note that in both cases the differences will be highlighted in red (see the picture above).
Click the Export button at the bottom right-hand corner of the central window to save the settings comparison result into the .csv file.
Check the Export only differences option to save only the differences.
Click the Close button at the top right-hand corner of the central window to close the Settings comparison window.
Didn’t find the answer?
You can report problems, ask questions or share ideas for improvements on our email [email protected].