Database Compare Suite™
- Product features
- Getting started
- Connecting to server
- Connecting to an Amazon DynamoDB database
- Connecting to an Amazon Redshift database
- Connecting to an Apache Cassandra database
- Connecting to an Azure SQL Database
- Connecting to an Azure Synapse Analytics data warehouse
- Connecting to a BigQuery data warehouse
- Connecting to a Greenplum database
- Connecting to an IBM DB2 database
- Connecting to an IBM Netezza database
- Connecting to a MariaDB database
- Connecting to a Microsoft Access database
- Connecting to a Microsoft SQL Server database
- Connecting to a MySQL database
- Connecting to an Oracle database
- Connecting to a PostgreSQL database
- Connecting to a Sybase ASE database
- Connecting to a Sybase IQ database
- Connecting to a Teradata database
- Connecting to a Vertica database
- Installing the required database drivers
- Creating a new project
- Opening an existing project
- Key activation
- User interface elements
- Connecting to server
- Operations in details
- Schema comparison
- Schema synchronization
- Schema operations options
- Data comparison
- Detailed data comparison
- Fast data comparison
- Data synchronization
- Data migration
- Settings comparison
- Virtual views
- Sorting key selection
- Selecting operation scope
- Matching rules
- Fast data comparison options
- Data operations options
- Command-line interface
- Known issues
Schema operations options
While performing schema comparison and schema synchronization operations, you will be redirected to the Schema comparison options and Schema synchronization options pages. Here you can exclude objects from the comparison and choose properties to ignore during comparison and synchronization operations.
Please note that the Database Compare Suite automatically excludes options that are not supported in the selected source or target databases.
On the right side of the settings window, you can set the type mapping options. You can make changes to type mapping in an opened project. The scale of change is limited to the current project.
Here you can switch between the Default, Columns and Parameters tabs.
Press the Add button to add a new mapping.
Choose the right types of source and target data in appropriate drop-down lists.
Press the Save button to save changes or Cancel button to discard changes.
To change already existing mapping select it in the list and press the Edit button.
To remove the mapping from the list select it and press the Remove button.
Press the Import button and select a file with custom type mapping to upload it.
Press the Export button to export the existing type mappings to a file.
Didn’t find the answer?
You can report problems, ask questions or share ideas for improvements on our email [email protected].