Database Compare Suite™
- Product features
- Getting started
- Connecting to server
- Connecting to an Amazon DynamoDB database
- Connecting to an Amazon Redshift database
- Connecting to an Apache Cassandra database
- Connecting to an Azure SQL Database
- Connecting to an Azure Synapse Analytics data warehouse
- Connecting to a BigQuery data warehouse
- Connecting to a Greenplum database
- Connecting to an IBM DB2 database
- Connecting to an IBM Netezza database
- Connecting to a MariaDB database
- Connecting to a Microsoft Access database
- Connecting to a Microsoft SQL Server database
- Connecting to a MySQL database
- Connecting to an Oracle database
- Connecting to a PostgreSQL database
- Connecting to a Snowflake database
- Connecting to a Sybase ASE database
- Connecting to a Sybase IQ database
- Connecting to a Teradata database
- Connecting to a Vertica database
- Installing the required database drivers
- Creating a new project
- Opening an existing project
- Key activation
- User interface elements
- Connecting to server
- Operations in details
- Schema comparison
- Schema synchronization
- Schema operations options
- Data comparison
- Detailed data comparison
- Fast data comparison
- Data synchronization
- Data migration
- Settings comparison
- Virtual views
- Sorting key selection
- Selecting operation scope
- Matching rules
- Fast data comparison options
- Data operations options
- Command-line interface
- Known issues
User interface elements
User interface consists of 5 panels (button groups). They are located at the top of the main application window.
The Project panel allows you to:
Create a new project by pressing the New button
Open an existing project with the Open button
Close the current project by pressing the Close button
Save or Save as the current project with the appropriate buttons.
Change project settings by pressing the Settings button .
View and modify connection settings with the Connection Settings button .
Next up is the Schema Operations panel, which allows you to do the following operations:
Compare schemas of objects. To do so, click the Compare button .
Synchronize the source and target objects schemas wit the Sync button.
Data Operations panel lets you process different operations with data in source and target databases. Here’s a list of available data operations:
Compare data in chosen objects from the left and right panels with the Compare button .
Quickly compare data in chosen objects from the left and right panels with the Fast Compare button . This operation uses the checksum algorithm with a hash function and allows to determine whether the objects are equal or not. It works very fast even on big objects.
See the exact differences between two tables or views by pressing the Compare in Details button .
Synchronize data in the chosen source and target objects with the Sync button.
Migrate data from the source object into the target object with the Migrate button.
The Settings Operations panel has just one Compare button . It is used to compare the settings of the chosen source and target objects.
The View panel allows you to:
Align selected objects in the left and right panels with the Align Objects button. It will come in handy for visual comparison of two objects from the different databases.
The Show System Objects button allows you to show (when highlighted) and hide system objects.
The Refresh button helps you to refresh the selected scope.
Press the Show/Hide Trees button to show or hide the metadata trees while setting up the operation options.
The Search button allows for searching the database objects of the specified type in the database metadata tree by name.
The Execute SQL query button allows for running a query against the selected database object in the database metadata tree.
Didn’t find the answer?
You can report problems, ask questions or share ideas for improvements on our email [email protected].