Database Compare Suite™
- Product features
- Getting started
- Connecting to server
- Connecting to an Amazon DynamoDB database
- Connecting to an Amazon Redshift database
- Connecting to an Apache Cassandra database
- Connecting to an Azure SQL Database
- Connecting to an Azure Synapse Analytics data warehouse
- Connecting to a BigQuery data warehouse
- Connecting to a Greenplum database
- Connecting to an IBM DB2 database
- Connecting to an IBM Netezza database
- Connecting to a MariaDB database
- Connecting to a Microsoft Access database
- Connecting to a Microsoft SQL Server database
- Connecting to a MySQL database
- Connecting to an Oracle database
- Connecting to a PostgreSQL database
- Connecting to a Snowflake database
- Connecting to a Sybase ASE database
- Connecting to a Sybase IQ database
- Connecting to a Teradata database
- Connecting to a Vertica database
- Installing the required database drivers
- Creating a new project
- Opening an existing project
- Key activation
- User interface elements
- Connecting to server
- Operations in details
- Schema comparison
- Schema synchronization
- Schema operations options
- Data comparison
- Detailed data comparison
- Fast data comparison
- Data synchronization
- Data migration
- Settings comparison
- Virtual views
- Sorting key selection
- Selecting operation scope
- Matching rules
- Fast data comparison options
- Data operations options
- Command-line interface
- Known issues
Creating a new project
Below you can find the information to help you create a new database comparison project.
Launch the Database Compare Suite application by clicking the appropriate icon.
Click New in the Project panel at the top left corner of the window.
Pick the right database platform for each database in the drop-down list at the top of the dialog box.
Enter the connection parameters for each database: connection mode, server name, server port, authentication method, username and password if needed. You can opt for a using SSL to establish a secure connection. Also, you can allow the driver to trust the server certificate when connecting to the SQL Server database using TLS.
If the connection parameters of your databases match each other, you only need to enter them once, duplicating the information from the left panel into the right one and vice versa, using buttons with right and left arrows respectively.
Also, you can swap panels, using the appropriate button .
In this picture, shown are the parameters for Microsoft SQL Server connection. You can find more information about the settings for other database platforms connections in the corresponding pages of the manual.
Click on the Test button to ensure the connection to the server can be established, and the connection parameters have been entered correctly. The project cannot be created if one of the connections fails.
Don’t forget to check the Remember password checkbox, so you don’t need to enter passwords later on.
Click OK to create a new project, or Cancel to close the dialog box.
Didn’t find the answer?
You can report problems, ask questions or share ideas for improvements on our email [email protected].